Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Actual Minimizer Causes explorer.exe to use lot cpu » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3381

David Mann

Posted: 08/31/2014 06:32:50

Hi, first i must thank you for this awesome program, but there is lite problem with it. When i run this program explorer.exe cpu usage jumps between 10 - 20, without it it's about 4. I used processes explorer to check explorer.exe threads, and it shows that something like - SHLWAPI.dll uses most of cpu and constantly changes states: from "WaitUserRequest" to "Ready". Now that doesn't seem like normal behavior. I use Win7 and AWM uses only minimize to tray on 2 programs. All other options are deactivated. Also i added AWM to exclusion list on EsetNod2. Any Ideas?

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 08/31/2014 09:45:49

I'm running AWM on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and AWM typically takes < 0.03 of CPU

Are you sure you don't have other applications executed from AWM which gives AWM a false CPU reading in SysInternal's Process Explorer?

I'm using ESET Smart Security, most current.

Do you have the must current "engine" for EsetNod2? I've found their update program will not update the "engine" but does the virus definitions. Go to their sight directly and find if you are in fact running the most current version.

What is your hardware configuration?

Sincerely,
Lars

David Mann

Posted: 08/31/2014 17:26:05

My ESET Version is - 7.0.302.26. Win7 64bit. As i said AWM process almost doesn't take any CPU, but when i run it explorer.exe thread - SHLWAPI.dll uses quite lot cpu. My hardware is quite old Asus laptop. Any Ideas?

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 09/02/2014 02:02:42

Guys, thank you for your posts!

David, could you please provide us with the screenshots showing the undesired behavior (CPU load, abnormal state changes, etc) when the Actual Window Minimizer is running and screenshots of the changes that happen after you unload it? Does this start happening right after you start Actual Window Minimizer and does the problem disappear immediately after you unload Actual Window Minimizer? What happens if you Stop our program (via tray icon menu) instead of unloading it?

Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register