Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «When display sleeps, screensaver is being "locked" on » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2260

Steve Kalide
Advanced user

Posted: 07/12/2014 11:47:43

I've been using the activate-screensaver shortcut, which I really like. However, sometimes I've left my computer for a while, and when I come back, my display has been put to sleep. When I move the mouse to waken the display, the screensaver is still running -- however, I now can't turn it off.

If I press the keyboard shortcut again, nothing happens. I press it a few times, and still nothing. Mouse, keyboard, etc. -- nothing can turn the screensaver off. So I try to active Task Manager, which pops up for a second, but then quickly disappears behind the screensaver. I basically have to repeatedly smash the Task Manager shortcut (ctrl-shift-esc) over and over until it sticks on top of the screensaver.

Inside task-manager, I see that 10+ screensaver "programs" have been spawned, and they're all using lots of CPU. I have to force-close each of them. However, that's not enough, because AWM will continue to act abnormally after this has happened, even if I'm able to force-close enough of them to get back to my desktop. Only after I force-close AWM's programs, do things return back to normal. Then I restart AWM.

So it'd be helpful if there was a way to prevent this. It seems to have something to do with monitor-sleeping, and it may be from "smart" display connections, like HDMI and DisplayPort. The monitor I use is an HDTV over and HDMI connection. AWM seems to lose track of the activated screensaver if it's running before the display sleeps, and then the display is woken up later.

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 07/15/2014 17:31:55

Steve, thank you for your message!

If you aren't using the latest 8.2 beta 4 version, please install it, try to reproduce the issue in it and share your results with us!

Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register