Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[SOLVED]Another ignore deactivation issue » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 7040

Chris Hughes

Posted: 06/21/2014 03:03:46

I have been trying out Actual Multiple Monitors and possibly interested in buying it, however I am having a problem.
I know there seems to have been other issues using this feature and I have spent a while going through posts and I can't seem to find out the cause or solution of this issue.
While running the anything in fullscreen mode I have been trying to get this feature to work properly.
Using League of Legends just to test things out this is what I have been running into.

When Compatibility mode is checked it doesn't work at all. I can press the hotkeys and I cannot move my cursor off the screen.
When Compatibility mode is unchecked I can use the hotkey's and it does work, I can move my cursor off the screen, however when I try to go back to my fullscreen game I am not able to return to it. I click on the game and use the hotkey's again and it does not return to the game's full screen mode, as in I can still move my mouse off the screen. If I force the game to minimize and than click on it again, it's back to the full screen mode as it originally was.

I have my log's of me trying to do everything attached. Is there anyone with some knowledge or info on this. This is the only thing that's holding me back from buying this.

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 06/24/2014 11:01:39

Thank you for your message, Chris!

Please send us your configuration files (Actual Multiple Monitors -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support). Also please specify your Windows version, its bitness and the way you activate ignore deactivation for League of Legends (hotkey or Specific Settings rule).

By the way, if you haven't tried the second method, please check this message out, try it and report its behavior to us.

Best regards!

support@actualtools.com

Chris Hughes

Posted: 06/24/2014 12:16:30

Hey Alex, thanks for the reply!

I tried to send you guys the config files as you indicated, however when I clicked "Send to Tech Support" I got a "General MAPI failure" and it wouldn't send the files. I attached the zip file and emailed it to you along with all the other information requested via the email in your post.

Also I did try that method you made in another post and while it did work and I was able to move the cursor off the screen. When I try to go back to the screen though it still doesn't lock the mouse back onto that screen when I click on it. I am still able to move the mouse onto other screens. This is the problem that I get when I have compatibility mode unchecked.

One more thing, I did not mention in my email the method I use to ignore deactivation. When I have compatibility mode unchecked I have my hotkey set to CTRL+ALT+Z. I hit the hotkey to activate it and it allows me to move the mouse off the screen, just like I would want it to. When I want to go back to the screen that I am running a full screen app on. I move my cursor back onto the screen running the program. Click on the screen and press the hotkey combo again presuming it would go back to normal operation. This is where the problems start because while it go back to the fullscreen application and it's still useable, I am still able to move my cursor off the screen. This is what I am trying to correct.

Thanks if there is anything else let me know.

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 06/25/2014 15:45:42

Dear Chris,

thank you for your reply and the configuration files we have received from you!

May I suggest you to try using Lock mouse and Lock mouse in monitor hotkeys and tell us the results you get?

Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

Chris Hughes

Posted: 06/29/2014 23:28:37

Hey Alex, sorry for the late reply, however I tried using Lock in Monitor, which seemed to work when not using full screen applications, however when doing something like League of Legends, or any full screen game it didn't seem to work, However Lock Mouse did work and that has made things run exactly the way I was hoping. With that I'll be purchasing a copy very soon :D. Thanks a ton for your help.

Chris

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 06/30/2014 15:41:04

Thank you too, Chris!

support@actualtools.com

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list