Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «save / restore window positions on display disconnect / connect » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2669

Torsten Gebhardt

Posted: 05/16/2014 00:17:32

Hey,

I'm working with a laptop connected to an external monitor (second screen). Whenever I disconnect the screen, of course all the windows pile up on the laptop.
Is there a way for Actual Window Manager (latest version) to remember the window positions before I disconnect the screen and then reposition them again after I plug it back in?

It seems like a pretty basic feature, so I'm pretty sure it's in there somewhere... Is it?

All the best,

T.

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 05/16/2014 19:11:00

Dear Torsten,

thank you for your post!

Currently Actual Window Manager doesn't include that feature. To save time, I suggest you to enable and configure a Desktop Divider and then use hotkeys to manage windows easier.

1. Pressing Win+/ will move an active window to a next monitor.
2. Pressing Win+Ctrl+Shift+arrow_keys will put an active window into a relevant Desktop Divider tile.

You can re-define key combinations in a Configuration Center (Actual Window Manager -> Hotkeys -> Actions) and you can assign individual hotkeys to activate each Desktop Divider Layout you create.

Please let me know if this reply was helpful or not.
Best regards!

support@actualtools.com

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register