Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Save Idle Screens under Windows 8.1 not working correctly? » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3101

Robin Hielscher

Posted: 04/10/2014 06:52:58

Hey, first post, so far I never had any problems with your software, so thank you for that!

As the title says, I am unable to use this function properly. It will start the screensavers when the screens are idle long enough, but no matter what Hotkey I try, it wont toggle them off.
Anyone experienced something similar or is this a known bug that might get fixed? Would be a very nice feature.
If you need any info, just tell me.

Greetings

Edit: I found out, having deactivated Hotkeys in the settings seems to have kept the toggle key from working. Hmm, there is no way to turn the save idle screens on, on just one of my 3 monitors? Or the option to set a hotkey for each Monitor to toggle the screensaver.
Currently it always turns of the outside ones although I would mainly love to use it for the 3rd Monitor only.

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 04/21/2014 19:30:22

Hello, Robin!

Thank you for your post.

We are very glad that you aren't experiencing the problem with turning a screensaver off with a hotkey anymore!

In order to start/stop a screensaver on your 3rd monitor only - with a hotkey, you should do the following:

1. Go to Save Idle Screens panel.
2. Make sure the option Toggle manually by pressing the specified key combination is checked (enabled) and the Key Combination is set.
3. Select your 1st monitor.
4. Select (None) in a Screen Saver combo box.
5. Follow steps 3-4 for your 2nd monitor.
6. Choose your 3rd monitor.
7. Select your preferred screensaver for the 3rd monitor in a Screen Saver combo box.
8. Apply your adjustments.

We also added

There is no way to turn the save idle screens on, on just one of my 3 monitors? Or the option to set a hotkey for each Monitor to toggle the screensaver.

to our Feature Requests list.

support@actualtools.com

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 04/22/2014 17:43:39

Dear Robin,

in order for us to understand your feature request better (an individual hotkey for each monitor to toggle the screensaver), could you please describe the purposes you are planning to use that feature for?

support@actualtools.com

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register