Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Desktop Dividers and Powerpoint » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3120

Reto Joss

Posted: 02/26/2014 19:01:23

Hello everybody

I downloaded the testversion of "Actual Multiple Monitors" and so far it's working great. I've just been playing around with the Desktop Dividers when i came across a problem:

If i open a Powerpoint presentation and start the actual Presentation with F5, the window of the presentation will be streched across both my monitors () instead off being only in the divider i defined.

I'm using:
- Windows 7 64bit
- Powerpoint 2010

Best regards from switzerland
Reto Joss

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/06/2014 18:19:36

Hello Reto,

Thanks for the post.

Could you send us your configuration files (Actual Multiple Monitors -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support) and attach a screenshot of the "Actual Multiple Monitors -> Desktop Divider -> Tile Layouts" pane?

Matthew Brown

Posted: 04/24/2015 05:53:43

I have a similar situation, but my behind is on the line. I purchased three licences (actually they're registered to our Executive Assistant: Connie Lum, not that she will be using it.) I put up three 60" displays with some report wireless HDMI devices. It's really cool. It rolls up into a single problem, I can't treat a single tile (I have on several 60" displays), it looks great, but each window has the normal heading like. I'd like to be able to maximize a browser or a Powerpoint presentation into specific tiles. If I can't get a tile to run a Power point presentation, I'll have to take up an entire monitor just for the presentation.

I think I've read everything you have in the FAQ and forums, but no luck.

Oh, I found the virtual desktops in my research. That is WOW!

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/24/2015 16:27:51

Hello Matthew,

Thanks for the message.

I've just tested MS PowerPoint 2010 with Actual Window Manager 8.3 and was able to reduce the presentation window size using the "Restrict placement" feature (Actual Window Manager -> Window Settings -> Specific Settings -> Position tab -> Restrict placement).

You are able to try the same method with your browser.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Matthew Brown

Posted: 04/27/2015 23:56:15

:) I went into Specific Settings and found no "Position tab." I also hunted for "Restrict placement," but couldn't find it. It sounds like exactly what I need. Under Specific settings, I had selected the Powerpoint item in the list, but no "Position tab." Am I in the wrong place? I checked and it said I have the most current version. I have three licenses, but want to engineer the solution before I deploy on several 60" monitors for security awareness. Is the lack of a registration hindering my efforts?

Matthew Brown

Posted: 04/28/2015 01:00:35

Vasiliy

I figured out that Actual Windows Manager is a separate software package that I need to buy. I installed the trial version and found the Restrict placement settings for my application. Now the issue is that it still maximized to the entire screen instead of the upper left tile of a 3x2 (6 tiles - 2 rows and 3 columns). When I click on the four-arrow button in the lower right of PowerPoint, it does nothing, but an F5 or a start slide show fills all the tiles/screen. I'm sure I'm one or two settings away. Can you post a screen shot of the settings you use, there are so many options.

Thanks in advance, almost there. Matthew

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/28/2015 11:54:20

Matthew,

Here is the example. You want to start a PowerPoint slideshow in the upper-left quarter of a 1280x1024 pixels display (and you have one display only).

You should add Specific Settings with the following criteria on the "Target Window" tab:
User added an image

Then go to the "Position" tab and adjust the "Restrict placement" option accordingly to your whole desktop size:
User added an image

And when you will hit F5 in PowerPoint, the slideshow will be opened in the upper-left quarter:
User added an image

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register