Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Remote Desktop w Desktop Divider / single monitor » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4356

Bean Taxi

Posted: 02/26/2014 08:17:37

Hello all,

I have a single 24" monitor. I have used Desktop Divider to divide my monitor into 2 horizontal tiles. I would like to run a Remote Desktop session in the right tile, maximized, and do everything else in the left tile.

This *almost* works. The problem is that using Maximize to Tile with the RDP session, doesn't really give me a maximized window. It just resizes the window, to the size of the tile. This is a problem, because a maximized RDP window gives me a status bar on the bottom as normal, and otherwise does a nice job fitting the remote desktop into my local window. With a merely resized RDP window, I need to scroll down to get the status bar, etc etc.

I am thinking that maybe this is exactly how "Maximize to Tile" works - it's just a resize - and if so I'm not sure what could be done about this. But I thought I would ask.

Thanks much

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/06/2014 18:33:47

Hello Bean,

Thanks for the post.

This is a standard behavior of the RDP session window.
Our software is unable to change this behavior.

For what purposes are you trying to put the RDP session maximized window in a desktop divider tile (to interact with the RDP session window or for monitoring the window)?
Maybe, I could provide you another solution.

Nick Markos

Posted: 10/14/2014 22:21:30

Hello Vasiliy,

When an RDP session window is maximized across a display, the bottom and right scroll bars are eliminated and the title bar disappears. This saves a lot of valuable screen real estate. My screen has a resolution of 3840 by 2160. Ideally, I would like my RDP session to be maximized across one quadrant of the display (1920 x 1080 resolution). Since I cannot get the actualtools software to change the behavior of the RDP window, the scroll bars and title window all appear. I could of course change the size of the tile but this of course changes the size of the other three tiles.

One other issue that arises when the RDP window is not maximized is that pressing Alt-Tab task switches among the applications on my desktop and not those on the remote server.

Just wondering if there may be another solution to force RDP to go to full screen mode across a single tile.

Many thanks.

Nick

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 10/20/2014 23:12:04

Gentlemen,

thank you for your posts.

Please specify the OS you are using.

Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

User(s) reading this topic