Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AMM: Start menu sometimes doesn't open » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2536

Martijn Saly

Posted: 02/13/2014 22:13:41

At some point after loading AMM, the start menu doesn't open any more when pressing the windows key on the keyboard. It works fine when pressing the on-screen start button.

It seems to be fairly reproducible when any window on the primary monitor is active. On my other two monitors, the start menu opens normally (on those monitors). Only on my primary monitor it doesn't work properly. When I focus the desktop, the start menu opens fine again.

This issue means that when I press the start button (on the keyboard) the active window on the primary monitor looses/flashes focus after pressing the start button a few times. After that, the start menu opens for just a split second and immediately dissappears.

This issue was NOT present in AMM 4.3 Free Edition, and I didn't upgrade and pay money to get more bugs, to be brutally honest.

To be exact, I'm using AMM 8.1.1, Windows 7 x64, and 3 WUXGA monitors.

(it seems I can't attach a zip file with my configuration for you Actualtools folks to help debugging... Please fix that too?)

/edit
One more thing, when pressing the start button (on the keyboard) while the AMM setup window is active, it simply closes... wut? Nothing is lost, but that is certainly a bug.

/edit2
Current workaround is to enable replacing the primary taskbar. I prefer to not, because it doesn't feel quite as smooth as the native taskbar.

/edit3
One last thing. Having enabled replacing the primary taskbar, pressing the start button (on the keyboard) flashes the focus of the active window on the primary monitor. So that definately a bug, although it doesn't appear to have any immediate adverse effects. It looks like a cosmetic bug, but it may well be the cause of the above issue.

none none

Posted: 02/16/2014 15:10:51

I have the same issue.  When I hit the windows key, it does not display the start menu, sometimes.  Instead it closes the current window depending on the window.  I think it it has something to do with hotkeys, but that's just me guessing.  I think it's sending an "Escape" key press which would explain the window close.

It's a bit random when it happens for me.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/18/2014 15:32:47

Hello gentlemen,

Thanks for the post.

Could you send me your configuration files (Actual Multiple Monitors -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support)? Don't forget to insert a link to this post in your message.

How often are you able to reproduce the problem?

Are you running any start menu extenders (like classic shell etc.)?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register