Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Windows Sticky Notes » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4422

Ned Lack

Posted: 12/30/2013 16:26:26

Hi Everyone,

I have been using Actual Multi Monitor for a few days (trial version).

I really like the software especially the multi monitor taskbar where the windows are listed on the taskbar of the monitor they are placed. Having said that I am unable to use this feature with Windows Sticky Notes. Which ever monitor the sticky notes are on the taskbar icon is located on the default taskbar, it is not pinned.

Is there any setting that i can change which will move the taskbar icons to whichever monitor the stickies are on?

Thanks in advance

Alexander Salnikov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/05/2014 22:13:21

Hi Ned,

Could you please specify the version of AMM you are using, the version of your Windows and the version of Windows Sticky Notes?

Any questions?Mail to support@actualtools.com!

Ned Lack

Posted: 01/06/2014 16:31:17

I am using Version 8.0.3 (unregistered as yet) and windows 7 professional SP1

Thanks

Ned

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/16/2014 19:02:34

Hello Ned,

Unfortunately, there is no setting that you can change which will move the taskbar icons to whichever monitor the stickies are on.

We'll try to fix it.

Best regards.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/23/2014 16:54:57

Hello Ned,

This problem has been fixed in the current 8.1 version of Actual Multiple Monitors (download link - http://actualtools.com/files/ammsetup.exe ).

Could you confirm this?

Brian Neff

Posted: 02/20/2014 02:30:19

Vasiliy,

I came across this topic as I intended to submit a bug regarding the Windows Sticky Notes application and how it behaves with AMM. I'm running AMM 8.1.1 and Windows 8 (not 8.1). When the sticky notes are visible (maximized) the task bar icon/bar for them displays correctly on the monitor which contains the sticky notes. However, when minimizing the sticky notes app (by clicking on the taskbar icon/bar for the program while it has focus), the sticky notes app bar/icon jumps to my main display even though the sticky notes app is technically running on the secondary monitor. This isn't a huge huge deal for me, but it would be nice to be able to minimize the sticky notes as I do sometimes to reduce desktop clutter on that monitor without having their taskbar clutter up my main display taskbar.

I just upgraded to version 8.1.1 today and it does in fact correctly place the taskbar based on which window has the sticky notes on it, but then I discovered the minimizing bug and wanted to report that here as it seems relevant.

Other than this little hiccup, I have to say I've loved AMM for years and even though Windows 8 supports a "multiple monitor taskbar", the stock one lacks a lot of the intelligence that comes with AMM and I've found that AMM does a better job separating application windows onto the correct taskbars than the stock Windows 8 one. Keep up the good work guys :)

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/05/2014 16:41:00

Hello Brian,

Thanks for the message.

The problem has been confirmed.
We'll try to fix it.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list