Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «System crashes , 3d acceleration crashes computer after install » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3086

Neil Foster

Posted: 09/24/2013 04:58:16

After installing AMM 5.1, I am unable to use ANY program that uses 3d acceleration in full screen mode.  As soon as the program powers into the program I get an instant hard reboot on my computer.  League of legends, Path of Exile, Diablo 3, Sniper Elite V2, Crysis 2, Crysis 3 all cause instant reboots on the computer after installing AMM 5.1.  So thinking there was a conflict with AMM and 3d Accelerated fullscreen mode, I uninstalled AMM only to find the problem was still there.  

I tried re-installing Directx, stripped off my old vid card, sound card network card drivers, re-installed all drivers from a fresh copy downloaded from the specific sites so I know I have the latest drivers for everything.  but nothing works.  I still cannot run ANY program in fullscreen 3d accelerated mode.  I have other programs that do not use 3d acceleration and they still work.

I also checked a regedit after uninstall of AMM and there is still a TON of crap left behind in the system registry after a complete uninstall.  So quite obviously there is some file or registry entry that is left behind that is corrupting the system.

My system is win 7 64 Ultimate with service pack one installed.  Running a GTX 460 vid card from NVidia with a creative labs soundblaster audigy sound card.

I tried running dxdiag in both 32 bit and 64 bit modes with no errors found anywhere. Is there anyway to remove every registry entry that AMM adds during install?  ie restore it to the point that it was at before I installed AMM? this means a complete clean of reg entries as well as any orphaned files that may still be loading in by accident or design.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/24/2013 16:30:12

Hello Neil

The problem still persists even after uninstalling of AMM, so it is unlikely to be caused by AMM.

To uninstall the program completely you need to delete the following folder and registry branches:
%Appdata%\Actual Tools\Actual Multiple Monitors
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Actual Tools\Actual Multiple Monitors
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Actual Tools\Actual Multiple Monitors

Let us know if the complete uninstalling helps.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register