New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 19 of 19
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Mouse Window Management Interference » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 11958

Display

Posted: 01/14/2015 15:52:44

Here are the settings from AltDrag:

User added an image User added an image User added an image

And it's the AWM Aero Snap setting which causes the problem ("Disable the native Windows 7 Snap" doesn't seem to affect it):

User added an image

Running Win 7 SP1 x64 / AltDrag 1.0 / AWM 8.2.2
If it helps heres the AltDrag.ini
Thanks!

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/02/2015 11:31:23

The problem has been confirmed.
We'll try to fix it and inform you about our results.

Best regards.

Display

Posted: 02/02/2015 11:46:03

Thanks, that's great news! I was using AWM's built in 'Drag and Scroll' feature, however AltDrag offers just a tiny bit more flexibility - but I miss out on using AWM's great snapping functionality :)
Thanks again for your efforts!

Display

Posted: 02/05/2016 19:04:33

Hello again,
I've just seen your demonstration video for "Group Size/Drag" feature and it looks great!
Potentially I can discontinue using AltDrag and keep everything within AWM.

Unfortunately my license expired recently so I can't test it, but does either "Drag and Scroll" or "Group Size/Drag" have an option to drag an entire window with the Modifier+Custom Mouse button? e.g Middle Mouse Button/MMB, Thumb Button, Xbutton2, Mouse Button 5 etc.

I use a Wacom tablet and rely on dragging windows with Win+MMB.
Resizing is not an issue as AWM already allows for the Win+RMB shortcut.
This is very important to me and it's the only reason I still use AltDrag.

MMB is great for tablet users since it's a side switch which means that the stylus can hover above the tablets surface (with no friction) whilst the Click Down state is active providing effortless window movement! The default stylus behavior requires that LMB to be actually touching the surface to retain the Click Down state - dragging windows around without releasing the stylus nib from the surface can sometimes be difficult and any miss registered clicks/drags can produce all sorts of accidental file move errors!

Second question - are we able to disable "Group Size/Drag"/"Drag and Scroll" on a per window/application basis?
e.g. via the Windows Settings profiles.

Thank you for any advice!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/10/2016 15:13:50

Hello, Display

Unfortunately, there is no ability like using the Modifier+Custom Mouse button for dragging an entire window. The option Make the entire window area responsive to dragging/sizing lets you use only left mouse button for dragging.
We'll consider this as a feature request.

Answering your second question: there is no such ability as disabling the option for the certain window/app. Could you give me an example of the situation, where you need this feature?
You can completely exclude a program from processing by AWM and the feature will be disabled for the window, but only in one-way: if the window is adjacent to the window that is not excluded, then the feature will not work if you resize the excluded window. If you resize not-excluded adjacent window, excluded window will be also resized.

Also you still can test the current version 8.7. It works for 30 minutes per day in expired evaluation mode.

Best regards.

Display

Posted: 02/10/2016 20:34:57

First: Great I'll keep a look out for that feature! :D

Second: What I've found is that by using Hotkey+Mouse click to move things, its so easy that it becomes second nature to press it a lot! When I'm in a game or a fullscreen/borderless 3D application and accidentally miss the hotkey and click drag it will cause the window to resize/move/alt-tab or simply just crash.
There's also times when Hotkey+Mouse is not desirable in certain software such as 3D applications. These hotkeys are often used for scene navigation, e.g 3dsmax, Maya.
Rather than disabling the whole feature, it would be great to disable it per application - that way you could still keep the feature whenever you alt-tab out of the app and go back to Explorer/Browsers or whatever.

Oh and I didn't know about that evaluation mode, great to know, thanks!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/11/2016 11:52:54

Display,

When I'm in a game or a fullscreen/borderless 3D application and accidentally miss the hotkey and click drag it will cause the window to resize/move/alt-tab or simply just crash.
Do you mean you mix up the hotkey that temporaily disables the group sizing/dragging and the one that enables dragging/sizing by entire window area? But why do you need to disable the group sizing/dragging for these fullscreen windows? Are they adjacent with some other windows and create a group?

Display

Posted: 02/11/2016 18:25:52

But why do you need to disable the group sizing/dragging for these fullscreen windows?

It's less for the "group/size drag" and more for the "drag and scroll - make the entire window area responsive to dragging/sizing" option.

For instance, say I'm in a 3D application (e.g. Maya or 3dsmax) which is always maximized.
The default orbit/navigation is Alt+LMB, but if I miss the Alt key and hit Win+LMB (my "drag to move" shortcut) by accident, the application will un-maximize/restore and start moving. Sometimes this maneuver can cause an application crash. In these certain applications I'd need the option to prevent the window being affected by the "drag to move" hotkey.

Another example, say I've scripted a function or macro to Win+LMB for a particular application (e.g. Zbrush). Because "drag to move" is a global shortcut, I cannot use that hotkey for the application, despite never wanting to move/resize it as it always runs maximized.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/13/2016 17:10:20

Ok, i see what you mean

We'll consider your feature request.

Best regards.

Messages 11 - 19 of 19
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics