New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 20 of 28
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Photoshop CS5 doesn't start , It works when Actual Window Manager isn't running » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 34805

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/22/2012 22:29:34

Hello Jan.

I was unable to reproduce the issue with Photoshop CS5 12.1 x64 using your configuration files on my Windows 7 x64 machine.

Please send me step-by-step description of this problem.

Best regards.

Jan-Christoph Ihrens

Posted: 04/22/2012 23:47:55

Hello Bogdan,

I fear I can't list any special steps for reproducing this. I just start my system, work with some applications (The Bat!, Firefox, Directory Opus and VueMinder Pro plus several background utilities like Listary and Norton Internet Security are open most of the time), then try to start Photoshop. If it works the first time (maybe three of four attempts), it never can be started a second time after closing it - only when I close AWM. That's about it...

If I'm the only one, I guess I'll have to live with it. But it's strange that this occurred so abruptly.

Cheers,
Jan

--
You have moved the mouse. Windows must be restarted for the changes to take effect.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/23/2012 04:18:28

Unfortunately, we can't help you.

We can't fix the bugs that we can't reproduce.

If you get any new information about this issue, let us know.

Best regards.

Jan-Christoph Ihrens

Posted: 04/23/2012 09:58:59

We can't fix the bugs that we can't reproduce.
Yes, I know - I'm a (web) developer myself. That's why I said that I'll probably have to live with it.  ;)

Thanks for your help anyway!

Cheers,
Jan

--
You have moved the mouse. Windows must be restarted for the changes to take effect.

daniel cruiz

Posted: 06/13/2012 04:58:52

The first thing that I did was to remove and re-install PS CS5. This was fairly simple, but a bit Time consuming.

When I re-started PS CS5, I again removed the system drive as a scratch drive and used another drive. The problem returned.

I have not found a way to not use my system drive as a scratch drive. I beleive that Adobe for some reason built this into the software.

For anyone who experiences this issue, what you can do instead of re-installing PS CS5,is to close the error dialog box. Now restart PS CS5, while holding down the Ctrl-Alt keys, this will bring up the "Set Scratch Disk" dialogue box, where you must chose "Startup."This takes you back to the drive and the scratch disk where PS CS5 originally setup. So, it looks like users are stuck with having to use their system drive as a scratch disk. In the early Photoshop years, this practice wreaked havoc on system drives and caused registry problems. I will wait to hear from Adobe and I will share  the information here. Standby for a few days.

Computer repair

Jan-Christoph Ihrens

Posted: 06/13/2012 05:34:09

daniel cruiz' posting is taken from an Adobe Forums thread (posted by "Luther"), has been proven to be the wrong solution and has nothing to do with my problem (that only occurs when AWM is running). So I guess he just wanted to place his link...  :evil:

Cheers,
Jan

--

Jan-Christoph Ihrens

Posted: 07/06/2012 12:44:27

Just for your information (no reply necessary): The problem persists after upgrading to Photoshop CS6 Extended (via Adobe Creative Cloud).

--

Stefano Monda

Posted: 07/09/2012 01:34:25

Hello
I have the same problem with Adobe Illustrator CS6: The program does not start but when I go back to normal, but this problem appeared only with windows manager 7.1 ( winows seven 64 ) both the home computer, and that of my shop

Stefano Monda

Posted: 07/09/2012 11:15:00

Hello
I have partially solved by placing the Illustrator window between windows excluded (Windows settings -> Exclusion), but I think that with Adobe we have a problem to find. With Adobe Acrobat but no problem.

Jan-Christoph Ihrens

Posted: 07/09/2012 12:46:19

Hi Stefano,

as stated above, the exclusion of Photoshop CS5 didn't help in any way. To be honest, based on that experience, I didn't try to exclude Photoshop CS6. I just added an exclusion; I'll see if this produces any effect.

Would you mind explaining what you meant when you said you "partially solved" the problem?

I had a similar problem with Illustrator CS6 once, but since I had many, many programs open, this could have had to do with a lack of available resources.

As I said, I subscribed to the Adobe Creative Cloud some days ago, and I'll use several of the Adobe applications in the future. If the problem occurs when opening some of the other Adobe software products, I'll report it here. Lightroom 4 works just fine - I've used it since it was released, without any problems.

Cheers,
Jan

--

Messages 11 - 20 of 28
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register