New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 15 of 15
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Switching virtual desktops undoes reordering of taskbar buttons » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 14442

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/16/2013 03:26:26

I meant "single taskbar icons order for many virtual desktops". Whichever virtual desktop you change the taskbar icons order from it changes for all virtual desktops because it's single for all of them.

Best regards.

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 04/16/2013 05:26:09

Hello Bogdan,

Thank you for your clarification. Now (I think) I get it! The order is independent of which icons are open on the taskbars, even with entirely different programs opened on each virtual desktop. That is why I did not get it, I always think of a taskbar icon in terms of Outlook, Word etc. and was wondering how changing the icon order for Outlook & Word (to stick with that example) on one virtual desktop could influence the order on another virtual desktop that does not have Outlook and Word open. From a technical perspective you probably refer to taskbar icons with an internal reference (e.g. #1, #2 etc.) instead of the corresponding program name.

Still, I do hope that one day you will be able to implement remembering the order per virtual desktop for the reasons explained in my previous posts...   ;)

Thanks!

Bets regards.

Bim Paras

Posted: 03/07/2015 00:15:30

+1 on maintaining taskbar order in AVD. Is there an official place to make this feature request known? I searched the Feature Request forum but couldn't find a topic on it.

Thanks.

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 03/07/2015 16:39:49

Hi Bim,

The contents of this thread is already being considered as a feature request, there is no need for an additional thread in the feature requests forum.

Its absence has prevented me from using virtual desktops at all, even though they would be really very handy for me, just because it is just too awkward to reorder the taskbar buttons every time I switch virtual desktops. It is clear that I would really love this feature being implemented rather sooner than later.

Best regards.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/12/2015 11:06:08

Hello gentlemen,

Bim, we'll inform you if/when the feature will be implemented in our products.

Best regards.

Messages 11 - 15 of 15
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register