Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AMM & Google Desktop Sidebar Conflict , Secondary taskbar no longer prevents windows appearing underneath it » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 6855

Bruce Andrews

Posted: 01/21/2011 05:33:06

When using Google Desktop Sidebar on the secondary monitor with Actual Multiple Monitors active, the secondary taskbar will no longer act like the bottom of the window (i.e. applications can expand under it - see screenshot).  This only seems to occur when Google Desktop Sidebar is active (Steam had a similar full-screen bug some months ago, but they fixed it).

As you can see in lighter bottom and right edges of the screenshot of my secondary monitor, the Google Chrome window has expanded below the taskbar as evidenced by the text under the taskbar and scrollbar down button being hidden.  Google Desktop Sidebar manages to force the secondary taskbar to become smaller and make room for it, rather than the taskbar forcing Google Desktop Sidebar to become smaller.

Is there some way to prevent this behaviour and have Google Desktop Sidebar perform normally?  Under my previous setup (I only just swapped to AMM) the taskbar worked normally and Google Desktop Sidebar was slightly shorter (you can see the gap in the widgets where it expanded to accomodate the new space).

Thanks for your time.

User added an image

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/23/2011 22:23:16

Hello Bruce,

The problem has been confirmed.

We'll investigate this problem.

Thanks for the post.

Best regards.

tapufd

Posted: 03/20/2011 12:03:52

Has this issue been solved already?
Have a similar problem when using the Windows Desktop Gadget '7 Sidebar'.
It simulates a sidebar in Windows 7, like it was in Vista.
With other generally known taskbar tools, I don't have this issue.
/T

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/20/2011 21:22:43

Hello Tapufd,

Thanks for the message.

Unfortunately, the problem has not been solved yet.

And I don't know when it will be solved.

Best regards.

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 08/18/2011 08:46:04

The problem appears to be solved. Please check whether it's fixed or not when the next update will become available.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register