Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Screen Saver Won't Spread To Third Monitor » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4993

Leonard Hopkins

Posted: 08/06/2010 12:24:16

First the environment:

HP EliteBook 8730w running Windows 7 Enterprise (x64)employing ATI Mobility FireGL V5725 and docked to an HP 2008 150W Advanced Docking Station (KP081AA). A Samsung SyncMaster 2494 is connected to the DVI port on the docking station. The third monitor is an HP L1945w rotating monitor connected to an HP USB Graphics Adapter. Patches software up to date (I am the IT guy for the company).

For some reason, when the screen savers kick on none of them will display on any monitor connected to the HP USB graphics adapter. If you test them they do. It is only when you allow the screensavers to run automatically.

I was using Display Fusion for a while and liked it but it has not solved the issue. I came across your prodcut today and it has more features for the same price. Setting up different screensavers on the 3 monitors works is both testing and automatically. However, if I choose the option to spread the screensaver across all three, the same thing occurs. The monitor connected to the HP USB Graphics Adapter will not display any screen saver.

Do you have any idea the HP USB Graphics Adapter behaves this way? I know you are not HP, but your product seems to over come the barrier better than others, so before I pay my $30, I would like to know if this is going to solve the problem.

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/10/2010 01:16:13

Dear Leonard,

Thank you for your interest to Actual Tools.

What version of our product are you using?

If it is older then 2.3, please, install current version  Actual Multiple Monitors 2.3 and send us AMM Configuration.

Also, please, try to set a single picture over entire desktop for Background. Does it work fine?

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

George Geno

Posted: 06/20/2014 03:57:00

I have the same problem as described above. My configuration is a Dell e6530 with 2 screens on DVI ports on the dock and 2 USB 3.0 attached screens via HDMI-to-USB3 adapters.

When tested the screensaver will span all 4 screens. When left for automatic it will only work on the DVI screens and the USB screens get to show the portion of the wallpaper they get spanned to them.

I'm running Actual Window Manager v8.2 beta 2 on Windows 7 Enterprise.

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 06/23/2014 18:32:04

Dear George,

thank you for your message!

Could you please check if this behavior is similar for every screensaver (i.e. 3D text, blank, mystify and so on)?

Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register